Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Congo rebels executing escapee recruits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19564191

This article explains how Congo rebels are killing people they recruited (some against their will) because they are trying to escape. No one, anywhere, should ever have to be held somewhere against their own will. Everyone should have rights, it angers me so much that all these rebel groups around the world can get away with blatant murder, because they can and no one will do anything about it.

I also thought this was a good article to read because it talks about the Tutsi's and the Hutu's which we covered in class recently.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sad. I think it's interesting that the hutu and tutsi conflicts have moved outside of Rawanda I did not know that. I totally agree that rebel groups should be punished and unable to get away with horrific crimes, but I would also like to see the government officals that the article mentions, who are corrupt and allow the warfare to continue to be punished as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very disturbing because it is a disgraceful act and I agree with Samantha about how the conflicts have now evolved outside of Rwanda. Its also disgusting that aid programs that are meant for the people of Rwanda are being used to, perhaps, aid these rebels in DR Congo.

    ReplyDelete