Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Help give prosthetics to African's in need

Problem

You’re having dinner with your family when, suddenly, armed soldiers kick down your door. They capture your family and make you watch as they cut off the arms and legs of your children, your spouse and then your own. In addition, many young children continue to be severely maimed by landmines. This is the horror that villages in Eastern Sierra Leone have endured during the last 10 years of civil war. There are over 80,000 victims whose lives have been devastated by the brutality of the Revolutionary United Front.

Solution

Your support will give a prosthetic arm or leg to a victim of terrorism in Sierra Leone. This week, let’s Give Life and Limb to those devastated by this brutality.

This is from a website to give prosthetics to African's who were brutally attacked. I know it is not an article or headlining news but I thought it was a great way to show support.

3 comments:

  1. I could never imagine the pain and suffering that these people endure during these tragedies. I wish there was something that could stop this horrific act and rid of all the people who are behind this. Great post in raising awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, with Elio this is such a tragedy. I couldn't even think about putting myself n that position. I would get so scared. And knowing myself I would be crying my little eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sad I could not even imagine what it must be like for the children.I agree with Ellio I wish something or someone would try to curtail the RUF as they seem to be entrenched in the region.

    ReplyDelete